Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Upside of Sickness

The posi side of sickness is the fact that I have not had a cup of coffee in nearly a week (gasp)! Shocking, I know, since I'm the girl always with a cup in hand.
The chemical dependence of coffee stems from its caffeine content. The American Beverage Association states that an 8oz cup of drip coffee has 104-192mg of caffeine. My "addiction" to this lovely, warming (especially on these cold days), and habitual beverage has became a nuisance (aka: I get headaches when I don't get my daily fix). I have been contemplating changing this behavior for some time now, and my plan is to substitute my daily coffee with an occasional tea. An 8oz-brewed tea has only 20-90mg of caffeine. Not only can this change decrease my  dependence on caffeine, but also it can increase my levels of antioxidants, increase the whiteness of my teeth, and increase the level of my bank account.

Let us see how long I can keep this up...look forward to lil' bi-weekly updates on my progress.

Can you think of a lil' behavior change that would benefit your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment